How we use the Information collected from the user
- If you request to receive company or product information, or request information about specific Services, or provide comments about Services, you will be asked to provide contact information so that we can complete your request. We use this Site Information to fulfill your request. We may also use this Site Information to send you additional information about our Services or Courses on the Site that you may be interested in.
- Some of the Services require that you become a registered user and create a user account. This will require that you provide certain personally identifiable information, that may include (but not be limited to) your’s / your company’s name, e-mail address,your Photographs as well as telephone and address information.
- When users come to our Site, we may track, collect and aggregate Non-Personal Information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our Site. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Site. Although such information is not Personally Identifiable Information, we may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
- You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.
- We use Non-Personal Information to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use it for other business purposes.
- We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates or Online Courses, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Online Courses or other services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific course and/or services you select, send you updates about Online or Onsite Courses offered by Alma Mater / other Alma Mater events / workshops provided by Instructors or Institutes, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates
- When you register for an account on our Site or when we send you offers or Updates via email you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address
- Alma Mater may offer public forums / Webinars from time to time where you can share comments and thoughts. In order to participate in the Forums / Webinars, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address. Personally Identifiable Information shall not include any information posted or sent by or to you via any public Forum / webinar. Please keep in mind that information you post or make available in Forums / webinars will be publicly available. Accordingly, you should be careful when posting any personal or sensitive information. we encourage you to use discretion when deciding whether to post any information that can be used to identify you to those forums / webinars.
- Alma Mater offers users the opportunity to participate in an Online or Onsite Course on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
- If you participate in an online course, we may collect from you certain student-generated content, such as assignments you submit to instructors, peer-graded assignments and peer grading student feedback. We also collect course data, such as student responses to in-video quizzes, standalone quizzes, exams and surveys.
- The users need to be careful while submitting any of their personally Identifiable Information to any third party or instructors directly with or without the awareness of Alma Mater. We do not have complete control and are not responsible for any misuse of the Personally Identifiable Information by the Third Party or instructors associated to us
- Alma Mater provides you with the ability to pay for Online for onsite / online Courses and other services using a credit card / debit card / mobile banking / net banking / wallets through a third party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider – not Alma Mater – collects and processes your information
- We use various service providers, vendors and contractors (collectively, “Supporter”) to assist us in providing our products and services to you. Our Supporter may have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing their products or services to us, so that we in turn can provide our products and services to you. These Supporter may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Site or the Online Course. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these Supporter is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the Supporter to perform its limited function for us.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Identifiable Information to third parties
- Among other things, we may use the information about you collected through the Site (including your Personal Information) in connection with the following. In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information: (1) the third party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and (2) we will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection.
Updates related to Personal Identifiable Information
- You can access your Personally Identifiable Information and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners. You may also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
- If you have any privacy-related questions, unresolved problems, or complaints you may contact us via email@example.com